Please review the following volunteer guidelines. As Wineglass Weekend approaches, you will be contacted by your area captain who will provide you with additional instructions.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Many volunteer areas require that you stand throughout your shift and work outside in any weather.
- Finish line setup and teardown require that you are able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- If you are dealing directly with runners you will receive a volunteer t-shirt which should be worn during your entire shift. We will do our best to accommodate size requests. Volunteers not dealing directly with runners will not receive t-shirts.
- Volunteers working in the finish line area will receive credentials which must be worn and visible during your entire shift.
- Please arrive on time for your shift and work your entire shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please let your area captain know.
- Please be sure to allow adequate time to park and get to your designated work area.
- If you are unable to work your assigned shift, please contact your area captain or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not bring children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- All volunteers under age 16 must be under the guidance of a parent or adult.
- If you would like to volunteer with a child under age 12, you may request to work at a water station. Please email your request to email@example.com.
- Volunteers handing out champagne splits must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pets are not permitted in any volunteer areas.
- Our volunteers are a reflection of our community. Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Be respectful to runners and fellow volunteers by not smoking and not using profanity.