The Volunteer Needs for 2023's Wineglass Weekend have been met and all postions are full! Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your help and support in 2024!
Please review the following volunteer guidelines. As Wineglass Weekend approaches, you will be contacted by your area captain who will provide you with additional instructions.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Many volunteer areas require that you stand throughout your shift and work outside in any weather.
- Finish line setup and teardown require that you are able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- If you are dealing directly with runners you will receive a volunteer t-shirt which should be worn during your entire shift. We will do our best to accommodate size requests. Volunteers not dealing directly with runners will not receive t-shirts.
- Volunteers working in the finish line area will receive credentials which must be worn and visible during your entire shift.
- Please arrive on time for your shift and work your entire shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please let your area captain know.
- Please be sure to allow adequate time to park and get to your designated work area.
- If you are unable to work your assigned shift, please contact your area captain or email us at email@example.com
- Do not bring children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- All volunteers under age 16 must be under the guidance of a parent or adult.
- If you would like to volunteer with a child under age 12, you may request to work at a water station. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers handing out champagne splits must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pets are not permitted in any volunteer areas.
- Our volunteers are a reflection of our community. Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Be respectful to runners and fellow volunteers by not smoking and not using profanity.