The 37th Annual Guthrie Wineglass Marathon
START TIME - 8:15am
The 37th Annual Guthrie Wineglass Marathon starts at 8:15am on Sunday, September 30, 2018. Named a top destination and must-do marathon by Livestrong, Active Times, and others, the Wineglass course is a fast, flat, and scenic point-to-point course through the southern Finger Lakes, and a Boston Marathon qualifier race. With a start in Bath and finish on Historic Market Street in Corning, the marathon field will host close to 3,000 runners in 2018. The time limit for all participants is 6.5 hours. If you do not reach the half-way point in Campbell within 3 hours, 15 minutes (11:30 am) you will be asked to exit the race. All runners must take a bus to the start line! All runners must have their bib before boarding a bus to the start line.
Male | Tim Chichester (NY) | 2:20:19 (2017)
Female | Mandy Yates (OH) | 2:44:35 (2010)
Male | Steve Wilson (IN) | 2:28:55 (2002)
Female | Nathalie Goyer (CAN) | 2:50:31 (2008)
Male | Terry Stanley (PA) | 2:42:40 (2004)
Female | Brenda Wilson (FL) | 3:08:45 (2007)
2018 Guthrie Wineglass Marathon Awards
Glass Finisher Medals
All finishers will receive a hand-crafted glass medal, continuing a long tradition of unique and collectible Wineglass medals.
Placement will be decided by the "highest" cash prize. For instance, if a Masters runner places 2nd or 3rd overall, then they would be placed in the Overall category due to the higher cash prize. A $500 cash bonus is awarded for breaking a course record (Open and Masters). Cash prizes are calculated by "Gun Time".
The top 3 winners in both the Overall and Masters categories will also receive an engraved wine carafe.
First place = $1,000 | Second place = $600 | Third place = $300
The Overall Male and Female winners will also receive a stunning Steuben Crystal Disc.
First place = $400 | Second place = $300 | Third place = $200
Age Group Awards
First, second and third place finishers in the age groups listed below will receive an engraved stemless wine glass. Age Group Awards will be calculated by "Chip Time". Age Group Awards will be mailed.
Age Groups: 18-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
2018 Guthrie Wineglass Marathon Registration Fees
- December 1, 2017 - $95.00
- January 1, 2018 - $110.00
- March 1, 2018 - $120.00
- April 1, 2018 - $130.00
- May 1, 2018 - $140.00
Guthrie Wineglass Marathon Registration Rules
- No refunds of entry fees for any reason
- No bib transfers will be accepted
- No deferrals will be accepted beyond the stated end date
- Minimum age for Wineglass Marathon participants: 18 years old
- No paper/mail-in registrations for the marathon will be accepted
- Racers, pick up your bib and packet at the Expo on Friday or Saturday. There will be NO RACE DAY BIB PICK UP for the full and half marathons at the Start Lines. (See below.)
- Deferral Policy and Event Change Switching Policy
- The Wineglass Marathon is happy to offer participant's Event Insurance that can be purchased at the time of checkout for a small additional fee.
ALL RUNNERS MUST HAVE A BIB WHEN BOARDING A BUS TO THE START LINE! NO EXCEPTIONS! THERE IS NO RACE DAY BIB PICK-UP AT THE START LINES. For runners unable to pick up their bibs on Friday or Saturday, bib pick-up will be available on a limited basis at the Corning Information Center, 1 W. Market St., Corning, NY on race morning from 5:00-6:00AM ONLY! Runners must present a copy of their ID to pick up their bib. Please allow time to get your bib and board your bus to the start line! Runners picking up bibs on race morning MUST pick up their runner swag at the Corning Museum of Glass auditorium after they finish the race (Expo location). Please show your bib.
If you wish to be considered for an elite entry please submit your request to email@example.com and include a Complete Running Bio for the past three years. Please include the following information at the time of the request.
Note: The Wineglass Marathon does not pay for travel to and from Corning, NY.
- Full Name as shown in race results
- Mailing Address and phone number
- Age/Date of Birth
- Listing of previous races to include
- Race Name & date of event
- Finish Time
- Overall or Masters finish place
- Race you wish to enter – Wineglass Full or Half Marathon
- Goal for your Wineglass event
NO ATHLETE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ELITE STATUS WITHOUT A COMPLETE RUNNING BIO AS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
Please Note that the Wineglass Marathon does not provide invitation letters. Each Athlete is required to submit a request in accordance with the procedures described herein.
Wheelchairs (Push Rim)
Wheelchair (Push Rim) entry please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .