The 36th Annual Wineglass Marathon presented by Arnot Health
START TIME - 8:15am
The 36th Annual Wineglass Marathon starts at 8:15am on Sunday, October 1, 2017. Named a top destination and must-do marathon by Livestrong, Active Times, and others, the Wineglass course is a fast, flat, and scenic point-to-point course through the southern Finger Lakes, and a Boston Marathon qualifier race. With a start in Bath and finish on Historic Market Street in Corning, the marathon field will host close to 3,000 runners in 2017. The time limit for all participants is 6.5 hours. If you do not reach the half-way point in Campbell within 3:15 hours (11:30 am) you will be asked to exit the race. All runners must take a bus to the start line! All runners must have their bib before boarding a bus to the start line.
Male | Andrew Herr (PA) | 2:22:52 (1997)
Female | Mandy Yates (OH) | 2:44:35 (2010)
Male | Steve Wilson (IN) | 2:28:55 (2002)
Female | Nathalie Goyer (CAN) | 2:50:31 (2008)
Male | Terry Stanley (PA) | 2:42:40 (2004)
Female | Brenda Wilson (FL) | 3:08:45 (2007)
2017 Wineglass Marathon Awards
Glass Finisher Medals
All finishers will receive a hand-crafted glass medal, continuing a long tradition of unique and collectible Wineglass medals.
Placement will be decided by the "highest" cash prize. For instance, if a Masters runner places 2nd or 3rd overall, then they would be placed in the Overall category due to the higher cash prize. A $500 cash bonus is awarded for breaking a course record (Open and Masters). Cash prizes are calculated by "Gun Time".
The top 3 winners in both the Overall and Masters categories will also receive an engraved wine carafe.
First place = $1,000 | Second place = $600 | Third place = $300
The Overall Male and Female winners will also receive a stunning Steuben Crystal Disc.
First place = $400 | Second place = $300 | Third place = $200
Age Group Awards
First, second and third place finishers in the age groups listed below will receive an engraved stemless wine glass. Age Group Awards will be calculated by "Chip Time". Age Group Awards will be mailed.
Age Groups: 18-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
2017 Wineglass Marathon Registration Fees
- December 1, 2016 - $90.00
- January 1, 2017 - $105.00
- March 1, 2017 - $115.00
- April 1, 2017 - $125.00
- May 1, 2017 - $135.00
Wineglass Marathon Registration Rules
- No refunds of entry fees for any reason
- No bib transfers will be accepted
- No deferrals will be accepted beyond the stated end date
- Minimum age for Wineglass Marathon participants: 18 years old
- No paper/mail-in registrations for the marathon will be accepted
- Racers, pick up your bib and packet at the Expo on Friday or Saturday. There will be NO RACE DAY BIB PICK UP for the full and half marathons.
- Deferral Policy and Event Change Switching Policy
If you wish to be considered for an elite entry please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a Complete Running Bio for the past three years. Please include the following information at the time of the request.
Note: The Wineglass Marathon does not pay for travel to and from Corning, NY.
- Full Name as shown in race results
- Mailing Address and phone number
- Age/Date of Birth
- Listing of previous races to include
- Race Name & date of event
- Finish Time
- Overall or Masters finish place
- Race you wish to enter – Wineglass Full or Half Marathon
- Goal for your Wineglass event
NO ATHLETE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ELITE STATUS WITHOUT A COMPLETE RUNNING BIO AS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
Please Note that the Wineglass Marathon does not provide invitation letters. Each Athlete is required to submit a request in accordance with the procedures described herein.