Event organizers encourage public to exercise caution and plan ahead; race day traffic and roadways will include detours, delays and closings
Corning, NY – With the 32nd Anniversary Wineglass Marathon approaching, event organizers are pleased to release the 2013 course map. With more than 25 miles of county, town, village and city roads used for the race, the public is strongly urged to use caution and plan ahead for expected race-day traffic.
The 26.2 mile course will host nearly 5,000 runners on Sunday, October 6th. The course begins in Bath, NY and ends on Historic Market Street in downtown Corning, NY.
Certain county and local roads will experience extended delays and include manual traffic control from local law enforcement agencies. Drivers are urged to exercise extreme caution and avoid travel on the following critical intersections from 8:00am to 2:00pm on Sunday, October 6th:
- State Route 54 and County Route 113/Mt. Washington Rd. in the Town of Bath
- State Route 226 and State Route 415/Main St. in the Village of Savona
- State Route 415/Victory Highway between Meads Creek Rd. and Craig Park Rd. in the Town of Erwin and Village of Painted Post
- Interstate 86 - Exit 43 (Painted Post west exit) - avoid entering and exiting interstate at this exit due to marathon course crossing in front of on-ramps and off-ramps. Delays to users of these ramps may be significant. Drivers are urged to use Exit 44 and Exit 42 for all interstate entrances and exits.
- W. Pulteney St. and W. William St. in the City of Corning
The following roads will be closed for a portion of the event:
Town of Bath
- State Route 54 - all traffic will be stopped at 8:00am for a period of 5-10 minutes at the Country Route 113 (Mt. Washington Road) intersection at the beginning of the race to allow all runners to enter the course and turn south on State Route 54 towards the Village of Bath
- County Route 113/Mt. Washington Road at Spur Rd. - will be closed from 6:00am until approximately 9:00am
- Rumsey Street Extension - will be closed from May St. to County Route 113 from 6:00am until approximately 9:00am.
Town of Campbell
- County Route 125 - all traffic will be stopped at 7:15am for a period of approximately one hour at 0.2 miles west of Campbell-Savona High School. Alternate route between Campbell and Savona will be Wood Bridge and Savona Campbell Back Rd.
- NEW for 2013 - County Route 125/Tannery Rd will be closed from the Campbell-Savona High School to County Route 333/Main Street.
- NEW for 2013 - Tannery Rd. from County Route 333 to Curtis Hollow Rd., Curtis Hollow Rd. from Tannery Rd. to Curtis-Coopers Rd. and Curtis-Coopers Rd. from Curtis Hollow Rd. to Victory Highway will be closed to eastbound traffic to accommodate runners in the roadway.
- NEW for 2013 - Access to Campbell-Savona High School will be limited to marathon bus shuttles only. Runners will NOT be allowed to park their vehicles there or on streets in the Town of Campbell.
City of Corning
- W. William St. from Dodge Ave. to Bridge St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm
- E. William St. from Ferris St. to Bridge St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Bridge St. from Pulteney St. to Denison Pkwy. from 8:00am to 3:00pm (access to Wegmans will be available via Denison Pkwy.)
- Riverside Dr. from Ferris St. to Bridge St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Market St. from Bridge St. to Cedar St. from 5:00am to 5:00pm
- Aurene Ln. from Walnut St. to Cedar St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tioga Ave. from Centerway to Parking Garage from Saturday, October 5th at 11:00am to Sunday, October 6th at 4:00pm.
ROADS IN USE FOR MARATHON COURSE
The following roads will experience delays due to runner traffic for a portion of the event:
Town of Bath
- State Route 54 from County Route 113/Mt. Washington Rd. to the Village of Bath line
- State Route 415 from the Village of Bath line to the Village of Savona line
- County Route 125 from the Village of Savona linee to the Town of Campbell line
Village of Bath
- State Route 54 (Geneva and the north end of Liberty Street) from Washington St. to the Village line.
- W. Washington St. from Liberty St. to Cruger St.
- Cruger St. from W. Washington St. to W. Morris St. (you have this one correct)
- W. Morris St. from Cruger Street to W. Steuben St.
- W. Steuben St. and E. Steuben Street (SR 415) to May St.
Village of Savona
- Main St. from Robie St. to Maple Ave.
Town of Campbell
- County Route 125/Main St. (Campbell) from Town of Bath line to County Route 333
- County Route 333 from Main St. (Campbell) to Tannery Rd.
- Tannery Rd. from County Route 333 to County Route 4/Curtis Hollow Rd.
- County Route 4/Curtis Hollow Rd. from Tannery Rd. to Curtis Coopers Rd.
- Curtis Coopers Rd. from County Route 4/Curtis Hollow Rd. to Smith Hill Rd.
- Smith Hill Rd. from Curtis Coopers Rd. to Main St. (Coopers)
- Main St. (Coopers) from Smith Hill Rd. to Victory Highway/State Route 415
Town of Erwin
- State Route 415/Victory Highway from Main St. (Coopers) to Village of Painted Post line
Village of Painted Post
- Victory Highway from Village of Painted Post line to Craig Park Rd.
- Craig Park Rd. from Victory Highway to W. High St.
- W. High St. from Maple Ave to W. Chemung St.
- W. Chemung St. from W. High St. to Charles St.
- Charles St. from W. Chemung St. to W. High St.
- Painted Post Bike Trail from Craig Park to the City of Corning line
City of Corning
- Western Lane from Bike Trail to Fuller Ave.
- Fuller Ave. from Western Lane to Stimpson St.
- Stimpson St. from Fuller Ave. to Reynolds Ave.
- Reynolds Ave. from Stimpson St. to Buffalo St.
- Buffalo St. from Reynolds Ave. to Princeton Ave.
- Princeton Ave. from Buffalo St. to Cayuta St.
- Cayuta St. from Princeton Ave. to Cutler Ave.
- Cutler Ave. from Cayuta St. to W. Pulteney St.
- W. Pulteney St. from Cutler Ave. to W. William St.
- W. William St. from W. Pulteney St. to Bridge St.
- Bridge St. from W. William St. to W. Market St.
- Market St. from Bridge St. to Cedar St.
The following areas will have restricted parking due to runner traffic for a portion of the event:
Village of Bath - NO PARKING ON:
- Effective 6:00am on Sunday, October 6th :
- Both sides of Cruger Street from W. Washington St. to W. Morris St.
- North side of W. Morris St. and W. Steuben St.
- Parking meters on both sides of W. Steuben St. between Howell St. and Pulteney Square West.
- Parking meters on the North side of W. and E. Steuben Streets, from Pulteney Square West to Wilkes Ave. (next to Old National Hotel).
- Both sides of E. Steuben St. (State Route 415) from Pulteney Square East to Village line
City of Corning - NO PARKING ON:
- W. William St. from Dodge Ave. to Bridge St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday, October 6th
- E. William St. from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday, October 6th
- Bridge St. from Pulteney St. to Riverside Dr. from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday, October 6th
- Market St. from Bridge St. to Cedar St. from 2:00am to 5:00pm on Sunday, October 6th
ALTERNATE ROUTES - VEHICLE TRAFFIC
To avoid significant delays and to maintain a safe course for runners, race officials and volunteers, vehicles are encourage to use the following alternate routes:
- All travel between Bath and Corning areas - Use Interstate 86 and avoid State Route 415
- To enter City of Corning - Take Interstate 86 to Exit 46 and use 414-S/Centerway to the downtown area; eastbound vehicles are strongly encouraged to avoid Exit 45/Riverside as significant delays are expected near the W. William St./W. Pulteney St. intersection at the city line.
SPECTATOR VEHICLES - URGENT REMINDER
Spectators are asked to use good judgment when parking at designated areas along the course. Any parking or stopping on the shoulder and exit/entrance ramps of Interstate 86 is prohibited by state law, and will be strictly enforced by the New York State Police.
For detailed information, please see the attached complete course map.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.